Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quilt -- Made from my Mom's clothing

Hello, dear friends.  Hope your weekend is going well.  I wanted to share with you  a very special gift that I received a couple of years ago from my stepmother.  As most of you  know, I lost my mother to cancer in 2010.  And when someone dear to you dies, getting rid of their clothes is one of the hardest things to do. Seeing each outfit brings back a flood of memories that are cherished.      My stepmother, Susan, took some of my mother's clothes and  had me and my two sister's  each a quilt made.  She also had my mother's favorite Bible verse embroidered on the bottom.  They are beautiful and such a special gift that I will always cherish! 
 
The Bible verse is Isaiah 40:31.   The quilts were sewn by a sweet and very talented lady. Here is her blog http://www.leighbirddesigns.blogspot.com.  
 
Thanks for visiting!  Come back soon:)
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift your stepmother gave you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Carol,
      I bet Julie has done some similar to these too:)

      Delete
  3. That is such a special and heartfelt gift. I need to check in to that myself. Is the lady that did them Randall's wife?

    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. She does not normally sew quilts but she did these for us and Susan. But she could probably recommend someone who does them. Look at her blog at all the neat stuff she makes!

      Delete
  4. How precious! What a blessing to have a wonderfully thoughtful stepmother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cathy, It was somewhat stressful to cut up clothes that could not be replaced!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful gift, Cathy. You have a very, very thoughtful stepmother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, it's a blessing to have a caring stepmum like her. The gift is pretty and so heart-warming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an amazing gift. I love the idea of turning old clothing into a quilt. I just bought some new spring clothes for my kids at Burlington. I think I'm going to save some of the clothes they outgrew-- their favorites-- and look into turning them into a quilt. I saved a lot of money on the new clothes, so it will definitely be something special to do with the extra cash.

    ReplyDelete